Home

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rhonda Dennis Author Spotlight

 
 
What do Magnolia, Jace, Honey, String Bean, Emily, The Blue Claw, Holden & Jackson have in common? They are all from the books of this weeks author spotlight with Rhonda Dennis.
 
Rhonda is the author of the popular Green Bayou Novels and the hilarious Magnolia Blossoms.
 
Rhonda Dennis' first career was in EMS, but later in life, she attended college as a non-traditional student. After graduating, she felt compelled to write a short story. The words flowed, and the manuscript for "Going Home: A Green Bayou Novel Book One" was drafted. Rhonda has since published six novels and three short stories in The Green Bayou series, and has released a romantic comedy called "Magnolia Blossoms." Rhonda, who resides in South Louisiana, was a nominee in multiple categories for the 2013 Indie Romance Convention Readers' Choice Awards, and is also a Nook and Amazon Best Selling Author.
 
5 FUN FACTS ABOUT RHONDA DENNIS:

1.  My taste in movies, music, and television shows is so eclectic it's pathetic.  Although, a good slapstick comedy will win a movie battle every single time.
2.  I might have a Scentsy/Yankee Candle addiction, as well as Bath and Body Works products.  Maybe it's just a smell-good obsession.  Who knows?
3.  In addition to my Bachelor's Degree, I hold three minors: Humanities, History, and Government, and was one class shy of an English minor. 
4.  I'm a pretty darned good shot.  Like really, really good. 
5.  I'll eat the heck out of most seafood, but I'm not a fan of fish.  My fish can't taste fishy.  Does that make sense?
 

 
 
AUTHOR LINKS:

Twitter: @rhondardennis
Amazon Author Page:   amazon.com/author/rhondadennis
Website:  rhondadennis.net
 
GIVEAWAY:
 
 
MAGNOLIA BLOSSOMS
SYNOPSIS:
Life isn't easy--especially when you're the reclusive daughter of a melodramatic attorney openly mocked for his commercials, and a free-spirited mother who gives art lessons in the nude. Their over the top personalities make it easy for the sheltered and introverted Magnolia Berrybush to swim in a sea of anonymity--until the day she finally snaps.

Desperate to break free from a clandestine world above her parents' garage, she devises a plan to make her mark--serial killing! Unfortunately, she discovers that her heart and stomach aren’t ready to handle the life of a cold-blooded murderer, so she’s forced to move on to Plan B.

During her ill-fated attempt at achieving infamy, Magnolia meets Honey LeReaux, a hooker who is well past her prime. Ironically, Magnolia begins to blossom as she plunges head first into a seedy world, but realizes that smutty books and adult films have done little to prepare her for the real world.

Will Magnolia ever break free, or is she destined to live her life hiding in the shadows of her secret world?


 
 

REVIEW BY JENNY:
5 hilarious stars
Rhonda has been on my top fav author list since the 1st words I've read of hers, but this book has put her over the edge. I loved it for so many reasons!
It starts with Magnolia Berrybush, who is an extremely awkward, clumsy, sheltered introvert. I've seen & heard awkward & sheltered but damn! This girl is a mess!! After a lot of really funny yet unfortunate mishaps, Maggie realizes that she's tired of this life & wants to be known in the world! So she does what any 32 yr old would do. She decides to be a serial killer!! Ha! After she realizes that's not her calling, Maggie goes on a mission to find her place in this big world!! She befriends a hooker, who becomes her 1st friend & teaches her very important & helpful life lessons! It was awesome watching her blossom from the scared, helpless, awkward shell of a girl to a strong, funny, confident, beautiful woman! Can Maggie survive the real world? Will failure drive her back into the world of a hermit? Will she find true love & ever experience the firsts that's she only dreams about?? Will Nick or Jace be that "one"?
This book is a must read! Very few books make me laugh out loud, but this one did a lot! There were so many funny, happy & OMG moments! But there were also some special, tender moments that made me go "awwwww"! Thank you my friend for once again delivering an amazing novel!! 



REVIEW BY TINA:
5 awesome stars
I have to start off by saying this is the first time I've read a romantic comedy. I have NEVER laughed so much from reading a book! There were a few parts I laughed so hard I started crying & a few parts that just made me cry from the overwhelming love & support for Jace as he said goodbye to his brother! Magnolia was such a klutz I don't know how she survived in the book. But thanks to Nick being the ruthless person he was Magnolia found her true love! I have to say Jace turned out to be the better choice! I will forever remember all the characters in this book. I have yet to read a book more than once but I would definitely read this one again! Rhonda you have done it again!

Buy Links:
 
 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/magnolia-blossoms-rhonda-dennis/1118016200?ean=9780991386802

 
 
 
The Green Bayou Novels Series:
Going Home(#1)
Awakening(#2)
Deja Vu(#3)
Unforeseen(#4)
Between Four and Five(#4.5)
Deceived(#5)
Green Bayou After Five: Connie's Wild Night(#5.5)
Between Five and Six: A Green Bayou Extra
Vengeance(#6)

 
LINKS:
 
 


 JEN'S INTERVIEW WITH RHONDA DENNIS:
 
Jen: Good morning Rhonda. Tell me a little about yourself. What makes you, you?
Rhonda: Oh, the layers of Rhonda! I'm incredibly shy, until I get to know you. Then I'm a total clown. I'm loyal to my friends. I'm very passionate, and I love with all my heart: family, friends, projects, etc. Unfortunately, it sometimes leads to heartache, but it's a risk I'm willing to repeatedly take.

Jen: That's the best way to be. I'm the same way! You incorporate the culture of living in the south, specifically south Louisiana, in your books. Why is this important?
Rhonda: I'm so full of Louisiana pride! Our area is so rich with history and culture, and I think it would be a travesty not to include some of it in my writings.

Jen: I agree. Louisiana culture is the best. Laying in my bed is my fav place to read. What's your fav place to write?
Rhonda: Ironically, kicked back in my bed is my favorite place to type. It's nice and comfy, quiet, and I can get lost in my fantasy world. Other than that, I have an office that I write in, too.

Jen: Hey, whatever gets those creative juices flowing! Right?? The Green Bayou Novel's (GBN) are my favorite series. Are you done with that series? Or can we expect a spin off?
Rhonda: Thank you!!! I said I was done with the series, but the characters still talk to me every now and then. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of revisiting Green Bayou sometime in the future.

Jen: Awesome!! I miss my Green Bayou family! LOL! Magnolia Blossoms is your newest novel. It's way different than GBN's. What lead you in this other direction to write a romantic comedy?
Rhonda: Oh yeah! It's very different than GBN. I've been wanting to write Magnolia's story since before "Deceived," however, I wouldn't start on it until I finished the Green Bayou books. Plus, when I'd try to describe my novel concept to others, I would always get the blank stare/fake smile combo, so I was scared people wouldn't get my sense of humor. Luckily, I just sucked at telling my vision to others. The book has been getting excellent reviews!

Jen: I have to agree! Magnolia Blossoms is awesome! Definately 5 stars! We all have our favorite characters. Who's your fav character to write?
Rhonda: So far, Magnolia and Honey! Oh, and Dan Wan. LOVED writing his part!

Jen: Hahaha!! Honey is my fav!! Omg I bet writing Dan Wan was a trip! What can we expect in the future with your writing?
Rhonda: Well, I have two projects in the works. One is another romantic comedy, the other is a romance, but more on the dramatic side.

Jen: Super awesome! I can't wait!! And the most important question. What's your guilty pleasure?
Rhonda: Chocolate! I'm such a sucker for chocolate. Darn you for tasting so freaking good!
Jen: HAHA!! Chocolate is the best! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to chat with me! Good luck on your future endeavors!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment