Home

Sunday, March 23, 2014

B.L. Mooney-Author Spotlight


What does Rebecca, Ryan, Liv, Kyle, Adam & Abby all have in common?? They are characters in this weeks author spotlight with B.L. Mooney's books. She's the author of Coming Home, Striving For Normal (Striving Series Book 1), Liv's Existence & Abby's Survival(Sequel to Liv's Existence).

B.L. Mooney started writing when the voices and storylines in her head ran out of room. They were getting too cramped and neither B.L. nor the characters could take it anymore, so she did the only thing she could do--she made room. She always knew she wanted to write, but vowed to make time for it later. Now that she's made time for writing, most everything else falls to the wayside. That seems to suit the characters that keep popping up just fine.

B.L. lives in the Midwest and her other talents include in-demand cookies, a very dry sense of humor, and stealth eavesdropping. Some mannerisms, attitudes, or twists come from random sentences picked up while passing by strangers. So speak up the next time you have something to gossip about. You never know, it may just end up on the pages of the next book you read.

B.L. loves books & writing. She has decided to gift to one lucky reader their choice of a $10 giftcard to Amazon or B&N. She's also giving away 5 signed swag packs.

GIVEAWAY

 
AUTHOR LINKS
Amazon Author Central: http://author.to/BLMo
BOOKS:
COMING HOME
 
SYNOPSIS:
 
Rebecca Shultz has always known she was adopted. She couldn’t have chosen better parents than the ones that chose her. They’ve always made her feel loved and she’s never wanted for anything—except knowing why she was given up in the first place. Until she finds those answers, Rebecca feels as though she’s stuck in her past.

In the hopes of finding those answers, she accepts a job hundreds of miles away from the only home she’s ever known. However, not everyone is happy about her arrival. Someone wants her to give up the search and go back to her small town.

What Rebecca didn’t expect to find was Ryan Thomas. No one understands the attractive ad executive the way Rebecca does. He would rather spend his free time playing baseball with the kids in the same group home where he once lived than spend it with anyone that wants to take him away from there. Rebecca understands that these kids deserve a chance. Will Ryan be able to convince her to take one with him?

With Ryan distracting Rebecca with feelings she’s never felt before, roadblocks popping up that keep her from the answers to her past, and someone desperately trying to get her to leave, will she give up before her questions are answered? Will she stay and fight to find the truth? Or will she find that she already has everything she ever needed and that home can be anywhere you want it to be?
 
Links:
 
STRIVING FOR NORMAL
 
SYNOPSIS:
First in the Striving Series, but can be read as a stand alone.

Normal. It’s a relative term, or so I thought. It wasn’t until I got caught up with a man who stripped me of my confidence, dignity, and trust that I realized I was no longer normal. I did things and became part of things I never thought I would have.

I was content in my shell, living what life I allowed myself to live. Both my best friend and therapist had different ideas. They wanted more for me and saw to it that I wanted more, too. When life started to open new possibilities I thought I no longer deserved, it also brought back old ones I thought would never return.

How do I move on from a past that won’t let me go or move into a future I’m not sure I’m ready for? Am I strong enough to go after what I want and say no to those things that try to pull me in again? More importantly, will I ever be at peace with myself as I’m Striving for Normal?

Ages 18+ due to adult situations and violence.
 
Links:
 
 
LIV'S EXISTENCE

SYNOPSIS:
 
First in a two part series.

Olivia

Ten years. Countless miles.

I thought I had run far enough away that he’d never find me. The man who destroyed my sense of safety and introduced me to the evils of the world came back looking for forgiveness. How can I forgive him when I haven’t forgiven myself? I look at his fiancée and wonder how she could love a man so cruel. However, the closer I look at her, the more I realize that maybe she doesn’t love him after all. 

What has he done to her? 
I have to find out.

Abigail

Many tears. Countless men.

I thought I’d found the one man who wouldn't break my heart. Two weeks before our wedding day, he came clean with his dirty past and shattered our future. He’s asking me to still love him, but how can I love a man so cruel? I look at the woman he destroyed, and I feel compelled to do everything I can to help her. I know what it’s like to be broken by this man. 

Can I help her to live life again instead of just existing? 
I have to find out.

Ages 18+ due to adult situations and violence. Some situations may be difficult for some readers.

REVIEW BY JENNY:
5 HEARTFELT STARS
 I'm so lost for words right now! This book had me from the beginning!

We have Olivia. The broken, damaged shell of a woman she once was before she was totally destroyed by someone she once cared about, Adam. For 10 years she ran & hid! For 10 years she never allowed herself to get close, until Kyle! Kyle is Liv's boss & best friend. He reminds her to live, to love, to breathe! He loves her & will do everything to protect her from her past that he knows nothing about! Life was manageable until her nightmare comes back in her life! What?! Why is Adam back? She meets Abby who is Adam's ex also & becomes her BFF. Bound & determined to get Liv to "live"! Abby & Kyle have their work cut out for them! Until Liv's left defenseless, helpless & forced to face her worst nightmare! Will Kyle be able to show Olivia how to love again?! Will be be able to save her from herself & her horrible past?!

My heart hurts & aches for her! Its been a long time since a book has grabbed me, punched me in the gut, left me speechless & can't breathe!! I don't know how I'm going to wait till spring for the sequel!


Links:
 
 
 
ABBY'S SURVIVAL
 
COVER COMING SOON!
 
UPCOMING RELEASE MAY 14, 2014
 
SYNOPSIS:
 
The sequel to Liv's Existence

Love and Loss.

Two tiny words, each with their own powerful impact. They can both happen at any given moment and both can forever change your soul. It’s how you allow it to change you that matters. The hard part is finding a balance when the loss gets overwhelming. How do you do that when everyone you thought you couldn’t live without leaves you?

Loss is inevitable. I’ve had enough in my life to know that much. Now I’ve just got to figure out how to survive it.

Ages 18+ due to adult situations and violence. Some situations may be difficult for some readers.
 
REVIEW BY JENNY
 
4 1/2 AMAZING STARS
 
Thank you BL Mooney for a chance to read Abby's story in advance for an honest review! I loved it! This is the sequel to Liv's Existence & can't be read as a standalone! Too much has happened for that! I can say that I haven't read in a long time, a book so jam packed with drama, heartache & movement! There was never a dull moment! EVER! Actually in both books it was this way!

We have all the same characters as the 1st book: Olivia, Abby, Kyle & John with a lot of the minor characters. Added to this was Travis, Abby's hot brother, who I think would be a good addition to these two books! Lol With this book, we are focused on Abby & learning why SHE is the way she is but Liv has just as big a role in this book as the 1st. There are some OMG WTF moments! There are some awwwww sweet moments!! There are a LOT of NO OMG NO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING moments!

Together, Liv & Abby work through their issues & insecurities! They put their friendship to the ultimate test trying to put an end to the man that caused all of this! Awesome creative writing & stories! I was so heart broken & moved by these 2 amazing women! Loved the ending! The epilogue was the perfect ending & tied up the loose ends perfectly!
Links:

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment