Title: Gorgeous Chaos
Author: T.K. Leigh
Release Date: May 5, 2014
Genre: Romantic Suspense
SynopsisHow long can you keep a secret from the one you love? How can you possibly say the words that will rip both your worlds apart? Finally able to face her fears of abandonment, Olivia Adler begins to prepare for the next phase of her life. But Alexander Burnham is still holding on to all the secrets about Olivia’s past, trying to protect her. As days go by, Olivia is slowly starting to remember her past and Alexander realizes it’s only a matter of time until she puts all the pieces together and figures out who he is… And who she is... But if she remembers, her life could be in even more danger than it already is. And Alexander cannot have that happen. When shadows of Olivia’s past threaten not only her life, but also those around her, will Alexander finally put Olivia’s needs ahead of his? Will she be able to put all the pieces of her past together in order to save her own life and those she’s close to? Can she figure out who she can trust and who is threatening her very existence? Gorgeous Chaos is the explosive conclusion to T.K. Leigh’s Beautiful Mess series. RECOMMENDED FOR AGES 18 AND UP DUE TO EXPLICIT SEXUAL SITUATIONS, STRONG LANGUAGE, AND GRAPHIC VIOLENCE.
ExcerptOlivia awoke from an afternoon nap, admiring the beautiful man sleeping peacefully next to her. She glanced around the large bedroom, the duvet and several pillows thrown on the floor. A grin spread across her face, thinking about the amazing sex she had with Alexander just a few hours earlier. She pried herself out of his arms and went in search of a much-needed bathroom. Grabbing her jeans and sweater, she threw them on before quietly walking over to the door, thankful when it didn’t creak and wake up Alexander. After finding a bathroom, she went to see if his mother needed any help getting things ready for that evening. The house was eerily quiet as she walked down the stairs searching for Colleen. “They must all be outside,” she said to herself. She headed in the direction of the back door, when a room off the hallway caught her eye. She stopped dead in her tracks, a memory rushing back. Her fifth birthday. Her mama had made her a cake in the shape of a Care Bear. She could have sworn she remembered her mama and the green-eyed boy from the dream sitting beside her in that very room, singing to her as she blew out the candles on that cake. Turning, she headed toward the ornate dining room, the table and chairs all covered with sheets. Walking around the room, she felt as if she had been there before, but that was impossible. She hadn’t even known Alexander for a year and this was the first time he invited her home with him. Still, the smell and sounds in that room were strangely familiar. She scanned the walls and her eyes settled on a large picture frame covered with a white sheet. The other portraits weren’t hidden. Curious, she slowly made her way to the center of the room where the enormous frame hung. She gingerly began to raise the sheet, wondering what was underneath. “Olivia, dear! There you are!” Colleen called out, startling her. She jumped, placing her hand over her chest. “Colleen. I’m sorry. I came downstairs to see if you needed any help, and I guess I got a little sidetracked.” She shrugged her shoulders, feeling guilty that she was caught snooping around. Colleen walked over to Olivia and placed her hands on her shoulders, trying to lead her out of the room and away from the large family portrait of Alexander and Olivia as children. “I understand. It happens to the best of us.” “Colleen,” Olivia said, raising her voice. “Why is that portrait covered up?” She stopped, turning to look at her. She hated having to lie to the poor girl, particularly when her son should have simply told her the truth by now. He swore he would tell her, and she didn’t want to interfere…not yet, anyway. “I’m sorry, Olivia. It’s just that whenever Alexander comes home, I try to rid the house of any memories of…” “Oh,” she said, understanding. “I should have known.” She turned to head back upstairs, her shoulders slightly dropping. “Olivia, dear!” Colleen called out. She stopped and faced her. “He loves you very much. I’ve never seen him so happy in all his life, even when he was a little boy.” She smiled before retreating back outside, leaving Olivia alone with her thoughts about Alexander and why the dining room in that house brought back memories of her fifth birthday.
About the Author
Twenty Fun Facts
1. I wear a shirt when I write that has Shakespeare’s face on it and says “This shit writes itself.”
2. I am a middle child. I have a sister that is two years older and a sister that is two years younger.
3. My favorite movie of all time is Casablanca.
4, When I was 21, I did an internship working at Walt Disney World. Best seven months EVER!
5. I met my husband in the parking lot of a Jimmy Buffett concert. He was working. I was drinking.
6. My favorite beer is Blue Moon.
7. I love the Red Sox.
8. Every time I publish a new book, I drink champagne and watch Anchorman and Talladega Nights. It’s a tradition now.
9. When I was moving out to California from Connecticut after graduating law school, the hubs and I drove route 66 all the way from Chicago to the Santa Monica Pier. It was such an amazing experience, and I think there may be a book in it.
10. My pen name is a play on my real name. My full name is Tracy Leigh Kellam. I don’t think I need to spell out where T.K. Leigh came from. ;-)
11. I have a yellow jeep wrangler that I love. Her name is Savvy J.
12. In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much coffee. Or peanut butter.
13. I am a sushi addict.
14. I am deathly afraid of snakes. I can’t even watch a movie with them in it or I’ll flip out.
15. My favorite New Kid on the Block was Donnie. I’m glad I picked one that aged well.
16. I am a huge proponent of “Adopt, don’t shop.” We have a dog and 3 kittens, all of whom we have found on the streets and saved.
17. One of my favorite TV shows is Arrested Development.
18. My favorite book of all time is The Great Gatsby. What can I say. I’m a sucker for a story with no HEA.
19. I currently have 6 works in progress.
Purchase Her Other Books Today
Kindle Paperwhite (US Only), $100 Victoria's Secret Gift Card, (3) A complete set of signed paperbacks of the entire Beautiful Mess series and (5) Choice of signed Paperback of any of T.K. Leighs' books